- Take time to recharge
- Use your break time to do something fun. This may be related to writing such as reading a good book, or reading blog posts you may have neglected in your field.
- Make a list of all the things you'd like to do, and do them! It may mean you take a total break and do nothing but pop some corn and watching your favorite movie. Great, only enjoy the time don't feel guilty you are not working.
- Rethink and regroup
- Use the time to redefine your goals
- Brainstorm with a friend
- Drill down and decide on the best use of your time.
- Write ahead of time
- Blog posts? Deadlines? Do it ahead of time.
- Analyze when you write best.
- Do you have looming deadlines? If so, map out time to write!
- Use a wall calendar
- Sync your wall calendar to a portable device
Make the Most of Your Break
No matter whether you decide to become a couch potato, party machine or continue plodding along on your writing, do enjoy this time. So many of us waste time of inactivity and then feel guilty about it later. If I plan to take a holiday break, do it and enjoy it. It is a healthy choice. After all the holidays only come once a year!