Join my weekly Radio Show

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Authors and Publishers Continuing Education

One thing I have learned is that I can never learn everything. Not a great revelation, but true. Recently in interviewing an award winning author she explained she kept at the top of her writing by learning and sharing as well as continuing to craft her stories. I know. Time. It all takes time.


Well, I'm giving up my Saturday in the middle of the pre-Christmas season to learn from one of the best. I have an opportunity to meet Dan Poynter who will be teaching a seminar in Tampa, a mere 2.5 hours from my home (that is one way!). He is a very successful self-published author, and I have poured over his books for hours. When I first began writing and publishing I had no idea what I was doing. I had a niche market, a platform (to speak), and a people to buy my book. Wanting to expand my market I found I needed help, from the big-guys and Dan Poynter fit the bill.

His books are the result of marketing to a niche market successfully. I wanted to learn how he did it and implement some of his techniques into my own marketing plan. I am looking forward to the day and will report back on what I learned. Whether you plan to be published traditionally or will take the plunge of self-published, stay-tuned and I'll share what I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment